- I like Hotel Tomo, cute Japanese design makes a lot of difference.
- Going green. Why do American hotels provide 9 (as in 3*3, 4+5, 99/11) pillows for a single guest? And then they ask me not to replace the towels everyday.
- Continental was bought by United. No major difference. Upgrading to business is now $600 instead of $500. All the rest is the same.
- I’m not a virgin for Virgin anymore. First time flight from Boston to San Francisco. The only difference is that the crew is much more beautiful. Old fashioned stewardesses (meaning young and good looking ).
- FaceTime is amazing. High quality video calls with family and 10 months old kid. Mac to iPhone, iPhone to iPhone and Mac to iPad.
- The Windows store in Palo Alto mall is quite empty. It is three times bigger the the Apple store and has 25% people in it. The Sony store is somewhere in between.
- The new Windows 8 Laptops\Tablets from Sony and Microsoft are actually pretty nice, at a glance. The touch screen + Keyboard make a good combination and offers an interesting alternative to iPad. The price point is why they would probably fail.
- iPad mini is even better than Ipad. Better form factor.
- Go Wireless! I physically broke three cables and adapters this trip. The American plugs are always loose and the Mac power adapter is quite heavy 😦
- In the “Cheese Cake Factory” choose the classic Cheesecake. Don’t be tempted for three layers of chocolate.
- Could not see a big difference in 4K pixels TV. Probably need newer movies.