On Sunday, I returned my leased car to Avis after three years and 28,000KM.
The Avis guy was quite surprised : “The car is brand new”, which is quite accurate.
On most days I spend all of the time in our office, which is four KM from home. With the parking status in Tel-Aviv I usually use Line #5 minibuses which stop in front of our building and go all the way to Dizengof, Rothschild etc.
So, I’m trying to save the environment and some 2500 NIS a month. Will see how it goes.
Lessons so far
- Car2Go looks like an interesting option for business travel to Raanana\Herzelia\Airport City. Need to check it out.
- Taxi drivers believe that reforms Jews believe in Christ. I was unable to use facts in this discussion.
- Taxis+iPhone give me another 15 minuets of work each direction, and no need to look for parking.
- It is extremely hot and humid in Tel-Aviv in July …
- A bus from Namir road is probably cheapest way into the office. Some walking required (see item above)
- Amdocs sends guests to an external paid parking (15NIS)
- Be nice to your spouse and she will lend you her (mine…) car